Wednesday, June 8, 2011

what's black, white, and standing next to a red door?

Me!

Or, more accurately, my outfit. But let's not mince words...



So, once upon a time, I was in an American Apparel and I found this skirt. It was light and airy and neutral and pretty much everything I love in a piece of clothing... 


...except edgy. (Write that down: cream chiffon = not edgy. Perhaps you can laugh at it later.)


So, leather vest to the rescue!

(Every good fairy tale has to have a hero, after all.)


And voila! Edgy. You might beat someone up. We're back in business.


...but still soft and pretty. This outfit is quite the successful sartorial enigma.


Then, there was dancing.



They're ballet slippers, I had to, amirite, or amirite??


(I'm right.)


And they lived happily edgily ever after.

The end.




Vest: Theory
Skirt: American Apparel
Dress: Madewell (worn underneath skirt...it's impressively see through)
Ballet slippers: Tory Burch
Jewelry: Alexis Bittar, Low Luv x Erin Wasson, and Elizabeth & James


No comments:

Post a Comment